MY ETSY SHOP

Thursday, March 28, 2013

1940'S PHOTO SHOOT

                                                                 SEW FOR VICTORY

   So as promised, here are the two dresses I made, all dressed up with hair and makeup done. Not bad for my first ever dresses...the orange dress is a reproduction 1940's pattern and the green dress is an original 40's pattern. I am looking forward to many more days of sewing. I have so wanted to make my myself a 40's wardrobe but never had the confidence.  Thanks to Rochelle for this opportunity. Sew for Victory has not only got me started in a new vein of sewing but has brought my mother and I much closer as she is a seamstress of high talent and is very excited one of her daughters is starting to tip toe in her footsteps, for that and the new friends, ROCHELLE I THANK YOU!









2 comments:

  1. I think you look lovely in your vintage style dresses ;)
    And I also think that it is wonderful that it brought you closer to your seamstress mother- THAT is worth its weight in gold :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is Rachel, thank you for the compliments. I have very much enjoyed this Sew for Victory and am hoping it will not be long before we can do another.

      Delete