MY ETSY SHOP

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day Two Of 50's Dress

So another day sewing and I got the bodice finished and got the skirt gathered and attached, that was a job! I don't mind gathering but there was SOOOO much material. I apologize for the poor pics. My dress will not go on the mannequin so I just laid it on the ironing board, when it is done, I will get some pic's of me wearing it. Trying to get it done for my birthday..YES... July 4th.....

I have the zipper to put in, sew the buttons on the shoulder (I love the little satin hoops I made for them) and then just to hem it. The zipper is something I have never done, hoping I do not ruin the dress..
 Look at how much material there is just for the skirt...and that is doubled

The skirt attached to the bodice


The loops for the shoulder buttons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment