Thursday, July 25, 2013

1950's Dress

I finally finished my dress and had a sunny day to take some pictures.

This is made from pattern Vogue Vintage 8789. It was very easy to make, I used nearly 5 yards of material in the skirt alone. I bought a two layer petticoat for underneath THEN I hemmed it as I did not want the waterfall look on the skirt, I wanted the skirt to just come over the petticoat so it had a nice drape look and wow! I am pleased with it. I used very soft 100% cotton in blue floral and it really does work well with the dress.

Here is a close up shot of the button detail on the shoulders.

And one of me just being very silly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment